Pay range: $12-14 per hour
Are you a college student studying a physical science, such as chemistry, geology, etc.? SVL Analytical, located in Kellogg, Idaho, has an opportunity for a paid internship with paid housing! Learn from experienced scientists and chemists. As an intern, you will be contributing to the success of analytical projects that meet client and regulatory needs.
- Paid housing
- Compensation for the time you work
- Practical experience in an analytical laboratory
- Potential for employment opportunities
- Apply your knowledge to practical, every day, real world applications
What will you be doing:
- Basic liquid dispensing
- Use ratios for solution preparation
- Balance usage, calibrate balances
- Complete logbooks
- Check samples into and out of possession
- Operate a vacuum filtration system
- Use various lab equipment, instruments, chemicals, and methods
- Conductivity analysis set up & readings
- Conduct pH analysis set up & readings
- Utilize SVL’s Laboratory Information Management System – Element
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Student of an accredited college or university in a physical science degree program
- Commitment for a minimum of 90 days
- Ability to plan, focus attention, remember instructions, and juggle multiple tasks successfully.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read and understand written procedures
- Excellent computer skills
- Physical requirements include ability to sit/stand for 6-8 hours daily, manipulate small items and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Previous laboratory experience
- Previous shipping/receiving experience
- Data entry
At SVL Analytical there will be no discrimination or harassment against employees or applicants on the basis of any civil rights protected status defined as: race, sex or sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or medical condition where the qualified individual can perform the essential functions of the job to our standards with or without reasonable accommodation. We plan to ensure equal opportunity by making all personnel decisions on the merit of individual skills, abilities, work performance, and our team values.